Vacations in Camargue
Discover the Camargue
Situated on the heights of the hillsides of the Gard, the camping Le Mas de Mourgues allows you to enjoy breathtaking views of the Camargue regional park. Nearby you will also be able to travel miles over long plains to meet the ponds and ranches of the Camargue.
On the cultural side, the Camargue is surrounded by many festivities including :
- The meetings of Arles for photography enthusiasts
- Roman architecture UNESCO heritage with the arenas of Nîmes and Arles
- The different ferias of big cities like Arles and Nîmes
- The innumerable wild beaches of Espiguette, Grau-du-Roi, Beauduc, Palavas-les-flots, La Grande-Motte and Saintes-Maries-de-la-Mer.
Let’s not forget the ramparts of the town of Aigues-Mortes, an architectural jewel. The Camargue and the little Camargue thus have many advantages to spend an interesting vacation on the culinary, cultural and environmental level.
For some, the Camargue has a little Mississippi air, for others a Far-West side. What is certain is that the Camargue breathes freedom and your vacations will be a real change of scenery.
Top 5 activities in Camargue
- Riding on horseback : Officially recognized since 1978 and symbol of the Camargue, the white horse is honored on May 1st during the annual gathering of the gardians and Arlesian women in costume. Many horse rides are proposed to discover the authentic landscapes of the Camargue.
- Camargue National Reserve : Considered as one of the largest wetland reserves in Europe, the Camargue National Reserve is an exceptional place. Several strolls will allow you to discover the various species it shelters.
- Salt marshes : Exceptional territory for its salt exploitation, go to the small village of Salin-de-Guiraud, located 40km from the town of Arles. On the road Le Point de Vue du Sel will offer you a view of the marshes with unique colors, pink, white and blue.
- Courses camarguaise : From the beginning of April to the end of October, the Camargue races gather the passionate of the bouvine. On the first Monday of July, do not miss in the arenas of Arles, the Cocarde d’Or which is the most prestigious.
- Visit to La Maison du Riz : Known for its rice culture, make a stop at La Maison du Riz to know its history, its way of cultivation. Discover also its cultures of salt, vine and cereals.